I give talks that help people to think differently about the big challenges facing society today – particularly crime and government effectiveness. I speak and present at conferences for policymakers and practitioners in the UK and internationally but am also taking the findings of my work and research to broader, non-specialist audiences. I am represented by Chartwell for international public speaking and organise some talks directly or via my publicist at Penguin, my literary agent Georgina Capel and my consulting partners.
Upcoming talks include:
- 29 July 2017, London, England. Police Now annual conference and graduation.
- September 2017, Toronto, Canada. Details to be confirmed.
- September 2017, Ottowa, Canada. Details to be confirmed.
- September 2017, Bismarck/Fargo, North Dakota, USA. Details to be confirmed.
- 8 November 2017, London, England. Annual reception of Khulisha UK, the crime and violence reduction charity
Recent talks include:
- 13 May 2017, TedX Athens, Athens, Greece.
- 16 March 2017, HMP Erlestoke, Wiltshire, England. For more information on HMP Erlestoke’s Penned Up literary festival.
- 10 March 2017, Glasgow, Scotland at Aye Write Festival with Neil Woods.
- 25th November, Cambridge. Seminar for the University of Cambridge Public Policy Series on ‘Crime fictions and their influence on policymaking’
- 19th November, Bristol. ‘Why Crime Pays’ (Chair) as part of Bristol Festival of Ideas.
- 16th November, London. ‘Police Leadership’, at Annual Conference for Association of Police and Crime Commissioners and National Police Chiefs’ Council.
- 24-25th October, Brisbane, Australia. Speech on ‘Innovation that Sticks’ for BIIG (Brisbane Innovation in Government) Conference.
- 21 September, Time TBC, Coventry. ‘New paradigms of crime’, at the Excellence in Policing Conference.
- 20 September, 11am, London. ‘The Truth About Why People Do Bad Things’ at Wandsworth Prison Library
- 16th August, 7.15-8.45pm. ‘Why we’ve got it wrong about crime’ Tom Gash in conversation with author and former prisoner Erwin James at the Edinburgh Literary Festival, Edinburgh.
- 18th July, 12:00 to 14:00. ‘Crime fact and crime fiction’. Tom Gash in conversation with Nick Ross, Volte-Face, London.
- 14th June, 6.30-7.30pm. Tom Gash speaks about CRIMINAL at the York Festival of Ideas, York University Campus, York.
- 19th May, lunchtime. Public event covering the themes in CRIMINAL at the RSA (Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce), London.
- 3rd May, 6.30pm. Public book launch for CRIMINAL and lecture at the Wolfson Theatre, London School of Economics, London
- 27th April, 6.00pm. Book launch for CRIMINAL at the Institute for Government, 2 Carlton Gardens, London
- 17th March, 2.30pm. Debate with Richard Wilkinson, author of THE SPIRIT LEVEL, on economics and crime at the Howard League International Justice and Penal Reform Conference, Keble College, Oxford
- January 2016. Presentation to the Bavarian CSU annual ‘think in’, Bavaria, Germany
- October 2015. Institute of Public Administration Australia National Conference, Sydney, Australia
- April 2015, Ivalua/ La Caixa event on public dialogue and evidence-based policymaking, Barcelona, Spain